Job Opening Posted: 8/8/17
Currently accepting part and full time applications for Used Vehicle Inspectors
Are you a technician or automotive professional looking for a change and want a more enjoyable job directly helping others? Come home clean every day with the satisfaction of helping car buyers avoid scams, from buying lemons or from making costly mistakes when used car shopping. Established in 2006 PDXinspections is one of the most progressive, advanced and well known mobile onsite pre-purchase inspection specific companies anywhere. We are not your typical automotive company. We are known for our very in depth inspection process using real diagnostic equipment, exceptional customer service, and quick response times providing exceptional onsite used car pre-purchase inspections for the used car buying public. We only provide pre-purchase inspections, we do not perform repairs and we do not affiliate with any other automotive company. All of this allows us to give our clients a professional and completely unbiased assessment of the vehicle they’re considering.
We are currently hiring new inspectors to assist in our continued growth. This position requires traveling to the site of the inspection which includes used car dealerships, private party sellers homes or their places of business throughout the Portland and Vancouver Metro areas. Our technicians utilize a variety of electronic equipment and inspection tools while working outdoors. Our inspectors must have excellent computing/typing skills, good eyesight, and an excellent knowledge of modern high tech vehicles, wear points, common used car issues. Most valuable attributes of an ideal candidate would be customer service, a willingness to learn, and a strong passion of helping people. This position requires very close attention to detail and a proven ability to work independently while maintaining schedules. Candidates must have an excellent appearance with a highly professional attitude. You will have the ability to set your own schedules Monday through Sunday as you see fit. We will provide the inspection diagnostic equipment, tools and technology. Our inspection process is extremely streamlined. We are looking to hire a loyal, customer service focused technician who is familiar with late model vehicles and has the experience inspecting/diagnosing late model vehicles. We do not disassemble vehicles to inspect them but our inspections do include looking under the vehicles so being able to maneuver in various positions in and around the vehicle is important. Everything is inspected, tested and we note everything we see while compiling an electronic vehicle condition report as we perform the inspection so efficient typing & spelling skills are required and equally as crucial as your automotive knowledge.
• Flexible scheduling – you’ll schedule each day as you see fit whether that be a few hours each day, every other day, weekends or a mix of the above. We’ll provide the clients you’ll be working to fulfill their requests.
• Competitive hourly wage $25-30/hr base salary dependent on ASE certifications and experience
• We offer paid drive time and mileage reimbursement.
• Additional incentives available for excellence in customer service
• Come home clean every day
• Use of the latest tools and technology
• Job satisfaction and complete respect from the clients you help
• Be ASE Certified (Master + L1 or engine performance certifications preferred). You must be able to interpret scan tool data, fuel trims, misfire monitoring, trouble codes, etc.
• Valid driver’s license, with at least 5 years of driving experience and be insurable
• Have a reliable vehicle you’re willing to use for traveling throughout the Portland and Vancouver markets that can safely/securely carry our equipment. Our diagnostic/equipment consisting an analyzer, etc. setup can be plugged into any modern vehicle and completely installed/removed in about 5 minutes.
• High school diploma or equivalent (Associates Degree in Automotive Technology or higher preferred)
• 1+ years experience in a dealership environment, 3+ years in the automotive industry or possibly a fresh graduate from an automotive specific training program (Factory trained technician, ASE Master Status, Hybrid technician experience preferred)
• Have proven excellent oral and written communication skills via phone, email and in person. You must be able to offer excellent customer service to our clients as well as the sellers and dealers we work with daily.
• Upon offer of employment you must: Be able to provide a criminal background report, be able to pass a drug screening, provide a clean driving record and sign a legal non-compete clause
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Be well groomed
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
• Have the desire to work in various and sometimes awkward outdoor and interior environments (Good and bad weather conditions)
• Basic knowledge of all vehicle systems and has experience inspecting vehicles in a shop or dealership environment
• Knowledge of diagnostic equipment as well as general computer knowledge
• Have the ability to follow simple instructions and our procedures
• Be an efficient typist – you’ll be building the reports as you go – Our system is very efficient and typing is minimized for the most part
• Be self-motivated, have a proven work ethic and a strong desire to succeed – You will have the ability to set your own schedule
PDXinspections Job Responsibilities:
• Operate and understand a variety of diagnostic equipment and tools including scan tools, exhaust gas analyzer, and a paint meter
• Be able to effectively and efficently type using an iPad during the inspection and communications with our customers via email
• Perform meticulous and thorough inspections
• Maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician
• Test drive vehicles in a safe manor
• Be able to contact sellers by phone and/or email to arrange and maintain 30 minute arrival windows
• Help maintain cleanliness of our equipment and tooling
• Effectively handle multiple customers/sellers, organize workload, and meet deadlines
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Compensation: varies dependent on ASE certifications and background (ASE Master Certified Tech with excellent proven customer service skills is preferred). Competitive pay without the hassles and stress of being a flat rate technician. Competitive hourly wage dependent on experience and certifications plus incentives and mileage reimbursement. Again PDXinspections is very customer service orientated so we’re looking for the right candidate to fill this position. Potential opportunities for continued growth within our company.
Hours: We’re very flexible: weekends only, mornings/afternoons, days, etc. You will have the ability to set your own schedule.